Crockpot Green Chili Chicken
Anything we can put in a taco or on top of nachos will always be a fave. This is not spicy, but if you'd like a little more heat, chop a jalapeño or two and add it, totally up to you!
2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
6 cans diced green chilis
1 medium onions sliced in strips
6 cloves of garlic, minced
juice from 1 lime
2 tsp oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1. Put everything in the crockpot.
2. Cook for 6-8 hours on low and stir halfway through.
3. Shred when ready to serve... options below!
1. Basic is best! Tacos are always a fave. Put your meat on a hot griddle to crisp it up a bit before serving. Make an easy Crema by mixing 1/4 cup sour cream with 1 TBSP water, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 TBSP chopped, fresh cilantro and salt and pepper. Serve meat in flour tortillas with Cotija cheese and Crema.
2. Serve over Spanish rice with fresh cilantro as garnish.
3. Turn into a southwest pizza. Grab your favorite pre-made crust (or do your own!) and add roasted corn, chopped poblanos, and diced tomatoes. Top with shredded Monterey jack cheese and bake according to dough instructions. Top with your fave taco sauce. Yum!