Crockpot Italian Chicken
Italian food is my comfort food, hands down. The best part of this chicken recipe is all of the different ways you can use it: serve it over pasta, over veggie spirals, over rice, in sandwiches or on top of pizza! However you use it, it's an easy make ahead recipe that you can use multiple ways (see below) and really simplify your week night cooking routine.
2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1, 14oz can fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, drained
1 jar fire roasted peppers, drained and sliced
6 cloves of garlic minced
2 TBSP Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1. Put it all in the crockpot!
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and stir half way through.
3. Shred when finished and serve!
1. Serve as is, over noodles or your favorite veggie spirals.
2. Mix 2 cups of Italian Chicken with 8oz cream cheese, 4 TBSP chopped fresh basil, and serve over baked potatoes or mix with cooked pasta.
3. Drain and serve on toasted pretzel buns with fresh mozzarella and spinach.