NoNo's Zucchini Bread
I love the way certain foods can take you back in time. Most of my memories of my grandmother (who is still alive and kicking at 93 years young) involve cooking. Standing in the tiny galley kitchen in our family ranch house, she would measure and pour and bake and basically shower her family with love through food. This quick bread will forever make me feel 8 years old, sitting on the screened in porch, watching the birds and playing Yahtzee with Nono.
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 2 loaf pans, I like to use butter but you can grease them with whatever you prefer.
2. Cream sugar, oil eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
3. Sift in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
1. My recipe is bit different, you know I had to mess with it a little bit! The original recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups sugar and 1 tsp salt.
2. I love this bread toasted with butter and a cup of tea on rainy days.
3. This recipe makes GREAT muffins! It'll make 36+ regular size muffins.